Considering myself to have a somewhat functional brain, I can't quite buy
into that one.  I do see some point in the contention, but the point fails
in trying to make a universal argument of it.  Not all classical guitarists
only indulge the standard repertoire that is fed to the masses ad nauseam.
>From the 1500s forward, guitar repertoire is so vast--and still being
augmented at such a pace--that nobody could possibly digest it *all* to know
enough to be sick of it all.  I also don't see how it's substantially
different from any other instrument's repertoire, other than that more of it
is still being generated than for instruments considered (rightly or
wrongly) to belong exclusively to historic repertoire like lutes, viols,
lirone, etc.

Enjoy...whatever you enjoy!
Eugene