> It is nor a shell extension, just using a zip library to extract only
> one file from the list.

Practically, I do not see any advantage of doing that. OK. We can
extract only filename.lyx to $TEMP_DIR to open it, but to open it, we
'need' an embedded layout file. Then graphic loaders  'need' a few
figures. Presumably, the bib file can stay bundled until we compile a
.lyx file. In terms of programming, we need to know what files are
available in the bundle and implement some sort of
'on-demand-extraction'.

Even then, I do not see a big advantage of zip. base64 blocks can be
extracted on-demand. We can locate such blocks and remember their
locations and extract them on-demand. The only difference is that zip
format places a directory in the front so the directory can be read
quickly. If this on-demand-extraction is desired, we can put a
manifest section at the beginning of a .lyx file as well.

Anyway, let us just forget about these for now.

Cheers,
Bo