> I really don't understand why you insist on putting a bundled .lyx file into
> an SCM (svn). Either you use an scm or you use a bundled file, not both. If
> you use an SCM and receive a bundled file, unbundle it and put it in an SCM,
> as simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be SCM friendly for a
> bundled file, nor for diff either.

The advantage (maybe you do not see it this way) of my approach is
that there is no bundled mode, and there is no unbundle. The file is
continued to be svn friendly, and nobody would svn a compressed
bundle.

In Richard's approach, users have two choices (already a bad thing).
svn filename.lyxdir. This has the disadvantage that files under this
directory is organized by LyX, with aliased names. Users can also svn
their existing external files, but this can only be done through the
troublesome full unbundling (export LyX with external files, copy
files back and svn).

Cheers,
Bo