John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Bo Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
According to this,
  http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-03/0376.shtml
svn handles binary diffs efficiently. I suspect that it would likewise
handle zip -0 even more sensibly. Merging diffs may still be a problem.
I think the issue here is not only about efficiency, but also about
usability of diff. When you modify a few words in a base64  bundled
.lyx file, 'svn diff' would be around these words, and you know what
had been changed. When you svn a zip bundled .lyx file, 'svn diff' is
likely to yield nothing informative.

Well diff -a somewhat informative, although very messy. I can clean
the diff of two zip -0 files as follows:
I really don't understand why you insist on putting a bundled .lyx file into an SCM (svn). Either you use an scm or you use a bundled file, not both. If you use an SCM and receive a bundled file, unbundle it and put it in an SCM, as simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be SCM friendly for a bundled file, nor for diff either.

Abdel.