On 2022-10-19 08:38, Carsten Schiefner via mailop wrote:
Grant & all -

if it‘s a .de domain name one does not need a privacy service any longer since
2018(?) as the GDPR (or its interpretation) mandates that holder data must not
be available via WHOIS to the general public.

Please provide reference, as this appears to be an interpretation. Like all GDPR privacy rules, IF THERE IS A VALID REASON.. AND THE PERSON IS INFORMED THAT IT IS OCCURRING AND WHY.. (oh, I let the lawyers take it from here)

I would not be surprised if that‘d hold true for all ccTLDs where the GDPR is
applicable.

Best,

-C.