OK, CJ, I was thinking that a candidate for uniting your gestures with
sound production in early human society would be hand clapping and
finger snapping and other sounds produced by percussion between  body
parts.  An enormous vocabulary could be produced sort of like Morse
Code. This would include clicks produced by the mouth . Also,
whistling would give a big sound field.

There might also be hitting sticks together, hitting , our favorite,
stones and rocks together, and of course various drums.

There were probably smoke signals.

What about singing as equally important with "prose" talk at the
beginning. And just all around music, with body parts and instruments,
as equal with vocal chord or other mouth speech

Gestures really should be extended to the whole body, full body
language, ancient mime and dance as part of original "talk".

Thinking about "discrete infinity", that seems maybe akin to the
infinity between any two real numbers or the infinity of the
infinitesimal in calculus.