>> Jim, you're simply trying to shove your point of view on everyone else.
>> Those of us on digest are not stupid.

>It has nothing to do with being stupid.  a lot of people get the digest
>because they don'tknow how to set  up filters and folders.  Again, It

A lot of people? How do you know that?

>has nothing to do with being stupid.

Ok I'll post some of the reasons why I want the digest mode since you seem
to have trouble accepting people might have different needs than yours:

- I don't want to get 30 different mails at once when I get home at evening,
I want the few mails of my friends, 1 or 2 MD-L digests and that's it.
The less separate new mails I get, the happier I am. (Even if they get in
different folders) My habit.

- I sometimes check my mail with Pine when I'm at school, I don't want to have
the messages I really care about (read: not-MD related) to be flooded in
the MD
messages. (set up filters? Eudora (at home) won't fetch the messages
filtered by Pine in the Pine MD folder, I just checked that)

- When I don't feel like reading about minidisc I just erase the whole digest
without checking it at all. (and sometimes this happens pretty often)
I don't want to be bothered to go in the MD folder, select the messages I
want to
erase and delete them. And if I didn't do that, I'd pretty soon have a huge
stack
of unread messages, and I don't want that.

- I want it to be like a newspaper: I check the index to see what's
interesting,
read the interesting messages, then erase the whole thing (without having
to select
the messages I want to erase blabla)

If you feel like my habits are wrong...... well..... keep it to yourself.

And I certainly won't change them to adapt to spam (!!!!) that can be
avoided by
the very reasonable proposals of Dan, and that most people seem to favor
(if we check
the latest posts).

Peter wrote:

>I don't want and need another mailing list only for coupons... Also, I don't

I propose we do it democratically, if you continue spamming, and if it
effectively
does annoy a majority of people, I'll write to the list admin to ask to ban
you and
suggest the others to do the same.