* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Thu, 26 Oct 2000
| But it makes no sense to me to take something that is descriptive and
| give it a name that tells you nothing.

One could say the same thing about metre, litre, gram, Newton, or any other
unit of measure that we use.

[...]
| Now what about computer speed.  It is also given in HZ.  Since cycles per
| second is referring to sound and waves, what's it doing in computers.

Its the clock frequency of the processor.  Ie, 1MHz means that the clock
"ticks" 1 million times per second.  Other than that it is a Meaningless
Indicator of Processor Speed.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \