Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> I live near the Hub of the Universe (Boston, MA) and have yet to see
> DVD-Audio anywhere other than a few specialty shops, and the selection is
> both limited and expensive.  Maybe you live in one of the test market
> areas.

I guess I can no longer "cry" that I live in the middle of nowhere.  While it's
no NYC, Philly or even King of Prussia, we've got both a Circuit City and a
Best Buy here now (an Olive Garden too!).  I don't see any of the newer CD
formats any place.

I was in the Plymouth Meeting Best Buy in December (Plymouth Meeting is kind of
a hub for Philly to the south, NJ to the east, NE PA, Lancaster, King of
Prussia, Norristown etc.).  They had no idea what I was talking about when I
mentioned HDCD CDs.

The joke is that the local Sam's Club sold a two disc very highly rated Toshiba
DVD player that was HDCD CD compatible.  The instructions manual says that,
"the player will automatically detect an HDCD CD and a light will come on".
Well I'm still waiting to see the light.

Except for anything Spielberg, I don't see a heck of a lot of DTS DVDs either.
I still find THX very impressive on a really good system.  I think it's not the
standard as much as it is that they go out of there way to present very
striking music on those DVDs and even the VHS THX is impressive.

That explosive opening trademark chord blast you out of your seat.
Larry