The heat from the fire will cause steel beams to expand.  Two things can
happen, first the expansion can cause walls to be pushed outward and fall.
Second, after the fire, beams can contract as they cool and fall within the
supports that got pushed outward, so, be careful during mop up.

This was taught in firefighting training I had many years ago and I suspect
better building methods are used now days.

Any of you engineer types have a way to find out how much expansion a 100
foot beam could generated in a building fire?  The answer was part of the
training but I can't recall.

Harry