No, WD-40 is a water dispersant, and turns into rubber cement with
age.  NEVER use it for lubrication, it's not a lubricant!  It
consists of propane, light kerosene, and a few linear hydrocarbon
compounds and some ethers of some sort.  Does a great job of removing
water from distributor caps and things like that, but the residue is
VERY gummy!

I would suggest a "dry silicone" lubricant -- that is, a fairly long
chain dimethy poly siloxane of some sort.  I used to have a bottle of
Supelco SE-50, which is really a gas chromatography stationary phase,
but it make a great dry lubricant.  Hard to pick up things coated
with it they are so slippery.  I dissolves in hexane.

Peter