Want to sell that turbo? Once of the ongoing threads at STD is VNT
control with analog inputs. With the 85 and later diesels you get a
rack, rpm, boost and pedal position from analog devices. I've looked
into actuators, voice coils are the way to go, lots of power and
completely linear.

http://superturbodiesel.com/std/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31

I had also looked at the CC servo unit but I do not believe it can put
out enough power OR act fast enough but it would make for a nice OEM
looking solution.

-Rolf