Mitch Haley wrote:
> I saw a detailed web page on building turbo exhaust manifolds out of
> iron pipe and elbows. You can buy weldable pipe from places like
> McMaster Carr, already beveled on the ends for arc welding.

I really don't have the time, desire, equipment, or garage to learn how
to weld.  Maybe when I'm in my 30's or something, but right now I've got
too much other stuff going on and no room to build a garage (stupid
neighbor won't sell me the empty lot next to me).

> I want to try building a plastic intake manifold. Probably use
> multiple gaskets for insulation from the head, and put fiber washers
> under the bolt heads.

You do realize that IAT temps are equal or higher than the head?
Especially if you don't have a good intercooler.  People have melted PVC
type intercooler plumbing before.

John