Luther wrote:

> I happen to like the VNT/VGT technology.  The big truck 2003 Cummins ISX
> engine started to use them and they are SWEET.  No turbo lag, TONS of boost.
> I'd love to try and fit one under the hood of an OM603....

I've got a low mileage 2005 E320CDI turbo sitting around here somewhere.
Dealer idiots replaced it under warranty, but it didn't fix the car.
Mauri the Finn tells me it gets very inefficient above 250hp. (came
out of a 217hp car). I figure 250hp just gets a 602 into the fabled
100hp/liter territory. Probably would spool up faster than the
turbo that came with my 190D, even if I don't modify the pump.