2013/6/24 Ozkan Sezer <seze...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Kai Tietz <ktiet...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Ruben,
> >
> > 2013/6/23 Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com>:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I have come to the conclusion that my MinGW-w64 builds bring too little
> >> the table for me to continue maintaining them.
> >>
> >> I strongly encourage you to use the plethora of toolchains in a
> multitude of
> >> configurations available at mingw-builds. Comparing download numbers
> they
> >> have a much higher visibility, and e.g. their adoption by the Qt Project
> >> speaks of their quality. They have succeeded in doing what I missed
> when I
> >> decided to start building GCC, so my effort spent in doing that is now
> >> wasted.
> >>
> >> I may dabble into getting Clang 3.3 to work on Windows, perhaps even
> with
> >> libc++, but I am not promising anything.
> >>
> >> I'll still linger around here though, don't worry.
> >>
> >> All the best,
> >>
> >> Ruben
> >
> > First, I want to thank you for your hard work you've spent into
> > providing your excellent toolchains over the last years.  I am sad to
> > hear that you discontinue it, but I am lucky to hear that you will be
> > still reading this ML.
> >
> > Indeed it would be great, if you could put your build-experience into
> > some documentation/build-scripts in our Wiki/repository.  This
> > information is for sure of much interest to our community.  Any work
> > on that is mostly appreachiated.
> >
> > That you think that mingw-builds is doing a better job as you did is
> > at least for our community a least one good news ... nevertheless is
> > mingw-builds a different venture, and I am not sure if we should drop
> > that easy our own toolchains.  I admit that as long as mingw-builds is
> > well maintained, and build regular toolchains on sane-state of
> > toolchain, it is ok, but as soon as this might not happen anymore we
> > are getting in serious troubles.  I don't think we should let
> > third-party ventures manage our work exclusive and not providing some
> > base-knowledge and environment by ourself.

I thought the Makefile under experimental was meant for that.

> Very well said, and I second this. I hope Ruben reconsiders.

Let's say it like this:
"I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be [...] A hero. Not the hero we deserved
but the hero we needed. Nothing less than a knight. Shining."

A glued together quote to ease your minds.

I'm just not committing to keep up to date. I'll probably be inexorably
drawn into the cruel GNU build system world again.

Cheers,

Ruben