On 6/25/2013 23:07, Jon wrote:
> But it's a Bad Thing that mingw-w64 doesn't have official, user-friendly
> toolchains,
> even if (for pragmatic reasons) only windows hosted and a linux host
> cross-compilers
> are provided. The current automated builds (apparently targeted to internal
> testing usage) are not a solution. I'm hoping that a version of Ruben's work
> at
>
>   https://github.com/rubenvb/MinGW-w64-build-scripts

Early on, Ozkan made the some binaries, they were good enough and given
blessings as official builds. Soon after, Ruben made many newer builds,
and they were good enough and given blessings as official builds.

You can see how this goes, yes we need volunteers to do builds.

You too can get some blessings by doing periodic releases AND staying in
regular contact with mingw-w64 (eg lurking in #mingw-w64 irc) to report
any usage issues. It doesn't have to be Windows builds, could be HPPA
*nix or even NetBSD builds.