On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Sam Tregar wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>
> > OTOH, if you were to try to replicate some of Mason's more powerful
> > features with H::T, like autohandlers, inheritance, etc., then I'm
> > sure that'd bring H::T's speed down to Mason's level ;)
>
> I wouldn't be too sure.  I implemented a lot of that stuff to add
> HTML::Template support to Bricolage and it's still much faster than
> Mason.

"A lot" as in _all_ of it, or a "lot" as in autohandlers and dhandlers?
I'll believe it when I see it.  There's nothing about Mason that's
particularly slow except the code that implements the features.  In other
words, I don't think one could do all of the same stuff, or even most, and
achieve a huge speed increase.  There would have to be something
sacrificed.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com