Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:
So, did anyone have time to check this out? This is pretty major for me,
I can't implement mod_perl at my site until I find out what is causing
this crash and fix it. And I really have no idea what could be causing
it.

I'm using CGI.pm 2.98, Template-Toolkit 2.10, Apache/2.0.47 (Win32)
mod_perl/1.99_10-dev Perl/v5.8.0.

So please, if someone on a similar setup could download the test case at
http://pages.infinit.net/jeans13/ApacheCrash.zip and see if the crash
happens for them too... Remember to read the README file first...

Jean-Sebastien, are you *sure* that what crashes is apache and not your client? it seems that you have the client crashing if removing <nobr> changes everything. What's your error_log says?

BTW, I can't reproduce you problem. You must run your code with warnings enabled, add to httpd.conf:

PerlSwitches -wT

and you will see:

Variable "$template" will not stay shared at /tmp/CRUSH/index.cgi line 26.
Variable "$vars" will not stay shared at /tmp/CRUSH/index.cgi line 26.

which is probably unrelated to your problem, but it's very bad. Search perl.apache.org for hints how to resolve the latter.