From: Michael B <dialmbb...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] those testimonials for tloceposters
To: mop...@sol03.american.edu
Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 8:55 AM

one of the problems here at MOPO, is that replies sometimes overlook prior
postings.

i have never really understood MILKY WHITE, but i knew it is bad,
synonymous with FAKE.   In fact, bruce sent out a warning to his consignors on
Sunday about this subject.  I was tempted to ask him to put together a small
paragraph explaining this again for MOPOers.  Imagine bruce writing a single
paragraph?  ha-ha.  TODAYS TEST:  SOMEONE DEFINE & EXPLAIN "MILKY-WHITE FAKE"
in 50 words or less.

In any event, any dealer or ling-time collector selling fakes is a cheater.  A
dealer is held to a higher standard.  I don NOT understand that if a DEALER
- COLLECTOR sells a fake once or twice that he should be given a
pass.  Don't be naive.  Don't buy from someone like that.

Anyone could surely could dupe someone by placing a $1,500 fake title among
great, original posters.  Simply--scruff it up, rip it, crumple it, use black
crayon, etc. and then let the person think he/she is stealing it for a mere
$600.  The art of selling a fake is to create an illusion.

I support the popular position of the MOPOers....DON'T DEAL WITH THOSE
COLLECTORS OR DEALER that have been caught with their pants down.......no
matter how polite they are.

michael

ps---- will someone offer me something on my damn WANT LIST posted
yesterday.......i have been on a crazy buying frenzy in the last 2 weeks.

mbb

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.