Hi Platt,

You said:
An excellent lesson in unintended consequences of government action in the
name of the "public good."

I liked your description of this process..unintended consequences...and I am
just braining off the top of my head: The ' measure' or policy Govt.puts
into place( enforces/encourages..whatever) i.e. as intellectual PoV, when
put into practice i.e.'translated' into social PoV's starts to lead a life
of its own and indeed develops into creating/pointing to unintended
consequences.
Is this an example of how some Int.PoV's are 'out-of-touch' with Soc PoV's?
Put plainly: are we talking about a huge generation gap here?
A case of one not understanding or misunderstanding the other?

Just a thought
Andre