On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, vijay gill wrote:

> Really, reading this thread has left me stupider. I guess instead of
> focusing on things like the lightweight agenda, abysmal content and
> actual value to be had from NANOG, we are getting tied up discussing an
> offhand remark about a convicted felon. I submit that nanog as a whole
> is stupider under this formal SC/MLC/PC/whatever than when it was under
> the benevolent dictatorship of Susan.
It takes Vijay to cut to the core of the issue and drop science like
bombs.

Sometimes benevolent dictatorship is much better at getting things done.

> Never was the old adage about people getting the government they deserve
> truer than it is now. We have become a legion of whiners, focused less
> on the work and more on the process and protocols of etiquette than
> building networks, though that is probably something a cisco SE can
> crank out from a visio template faster and in most cases, better than
> most participants in this trainwreck.
This is something that could be on nanog tshirt, trainspotting style.

> I suggest with the best intention possible that marty unwad his shorts
> and the rest of us STFU and GBTW.
I'll add others to the list, but yes, in the simplest possible terms, this
thread was a ridiculous waste of time of everyone involved.

-alex