Ted wrote:
> I am trying to get java to run in Konq and Mozilla...
> I have the permissions setup ok but Konq tells me java applet is loading
> and then sticks and Mozilla tells me I need a Netscape plugin...I d/load
> the plugin and it fails to install with an error 202 message..
> Anyone tell me where I am going wrong please....

Hi Ted,

This fix is easy. Start Mozilla as root and navigate to a page that you
know requires the java plugin. (NOTE: if you're using a version of
Mozilla later then 1.0 this will likely not work. The plugin retreival
thing is slightly broken in versions later then 1.0.) When you hit the
page Mozilla will display a plugin symbol on the page and tell you it
requires a plugin to properly display the page and then give an option
to download and install the plugin. Since you're running as root you can
easily do this.

Download the plugin and allow the browser to install it. Then, restart
Mozilla as a normal user and you're set.

Mark