From: "Anne Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] supermount

On Tuesday 26 Nov 2002 5:54 am, Michael Adams wrote:

> Anne i have a similar setup (on 8.2) in as far as i have
> hdc SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-606F
> hdd ACER 4X4X32 CD-RW
>
> They both work well on supermount although i am carefull with konq when in
> /mnt , if i try to eject konq closes the tray again. I back out to /
before
> changing media.

Hi Michael -

I have no problems with supermount, but for some reason it seems to be
impossible to get the dvd set as scsi-emulated.  I had thought that perhaps
it was because it was fairly elderly, and maybe didn't identify itself in
the
correct way, but now I'm wondering if the fact that it is on the udma
connections makes it harder to deal with.  I have room on the normal ide
connections, so next time I pull the box out I'm going to try moving it.

Anne

----