On Tuesday 26 Nov 2002 4:47 pm, Technoslick wrote:
> From: "Anne Wilson"
> After I couldn't get it to work, I tried 'eroast', and that has worked
> flawlessly for me. I guess once something works for me, I tend to stay with
> it.

I looked at that under 8.2, but couldn't get any sense out of it.  It looked
as though it should have been better, but for some reason I couldn't make it
work.  There's sometimes a problem when a very capable program has little or
no help available - what's intuitive for one user is not for others.

> >XCDroast has a message that seems to me to imply that burn-free, or
>> whatever it calls it, is switched on.  I wonder if that means the same as
>> it would in Nero?
>
> Yes, the same in all programs that mention this technology. Basically, it
> is the use of a special buffer made up in your system's RAM to make sure
> that the itsy-bitsy hardware buffer in your CD-RW never runs dry while
> burning.

XCDroast looks such a simple basic program that you don't expect luxuries like
this <g>

> >I don't know which brands they were talking about, apart from Afreey, but
> > I do
> >know that if they are asked to supply one they now ask what it will be
>> teamed with.  As I said, they were not rubbishing the drive, just being
>> cautious about compatibility.
>
> Probably so. However, if you ever speak with those people again, and you
> think about it, ask them if the Phillips drives are a problem. Thanks.

Don't see the tech support people often - only if a component appears to be
faulty - but I'll bear that in mind.

Anne