On Tuesday 26 Nov 2002 12:26 pm, Technoslick wrote:
> Hi, Anne,
>
> I never noticed your interest in having your DVD set-up with SCSI emulation
> until now. I am a bit baffled. I have a Liteon DVD-ROM player in my
> multi-boot XP Pro/Mandrake 9.0 box, so I looked at my fstab to see how mine
> is set. The Liteon drive is set as /dev/hdc, not /dev/sd0. It works fine,
> as well as a DVD drive 'can' work in an underpowered box. Can I ask why you
> want SCSI emulation on the drive? Is it also a burner? I would like to know
> what you want this set-up.

No, but I wanted the convenience of being able to read from the dvd and write
to the cd-rw, but XCDroast couldn't see it.  I understand k3b (I think it's
called) could do it anyway, so I'll look at that when I've a moment.

I was under the impression, too, that it would not work for dvd film (as
distinct from data) if it was not scsi emulated.  Is this not so?

BTW - is your Liteon drive coupled with a cd-rw?  I'm curious after my parts
supplier talked of some incompatibilities.

Anne