On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 07:38:30PM -0700, Seth Gibson wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> > My advice is to get the mandrake release too. I'm going through installing
> > most of the major releases that you can download or get get from LinuxMall for
> > $2.00 in order to write a review on them from a newbie's perspective. Here's
> > what I've discovered so far-
> >

> Are there any major MAJOR bugs in 6.1 that would turn some less computer
> literate people off?  Im going to be teaching a computer class pretty soon
> here and i'd like to give each of the participants a copy of Linux to take
> home and try, but i dont want to hand out something thats going to leave a
> sour impression because of what might be to you or i a really simple bug..

Of the recent distributions (although I haven't tried the latest Caldera or
Red Hat tries), Mandrake 6.1 is probably one of the better.

As long as they don't attempt to compile the kernel, they'll probably be
okay.

And a replacement package for the kernel problem is coming soon, right
MandrakeSoft??  :)

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator