On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> And a replacement package for the kernel problem is coming soon, right
> MandrakeSoft??  :)

Haven't forgotten anyone i swear, I think i've just about got this stable
so as i can actualy compile things with 'make -j' and know it's not gonna
flake out and loose dma or irq forceing me to reboot.

BP6 users, upgrade your bios to 1.20 (might be in 1.10 didn't check) to
beable to turn off dma on the hpt366. (note my io's changed after this
you'll wanna recheck /proc/pci vs. dmesg)

and for the lilo stuff
in bios set boot to EXT, set the ext method to not scsi (forgot what it
says exactly)
Before rebooting change to tty2, edit /mnt/etc/lilo.conf
disk=/dev/hde
        bios=0x80
then 'lilo -r /mnt'

--