Axalon

Are you a Mandrake person?  (As in employed by them?)

If so... have you heard anyone else having the problem as I did with
Postfix?

keep in mind, I actually use my install to receive email for several people
and relay for my home users, so I am using the mail server for what it can
do, not like other 'general' users who probably use more fetchmail type
scenarios.

It seems that somewhere along the way, the executable 'newaliases' was using
the wrong file and format, so postfix was bombing.  I would suspect that
newaliases was configured during install for some sendmail process or
something.

And my other curiosity... the "optimizations" that Mandrake does for
pentiums, does that include ALL programs.. were all the files (executables)
recompiled for better performance on pentiums?  (amd/intel/and that other
thing cyrix)  ;)

Thanks !!

R.'Trebor' Groves
Network Technician, HarvardNet