-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of The Cyberian
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 11:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re[2]: [newbie]

        What exactly is the problem with trying to compile the kernel?
I am about to attempt it as my kernel has sound enabled and OSS
doesn't seem to run properly with my Aureal Vortex card that way.
Somebody adviced me to recompile the kernel without sound. So would be
grateful for any insight on any possible problems in compiling the
kernel. Thanks.

san> As long as they don't attempt to compile the kernel, they'll probably
be
san> okay.
san> And a replacement package for the kernel problem is coming soon, right
san> MandrakeSoft??  :)