On Sunday 07 Dec 2003 9:19 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >You can check line power easily with a VOhm meter,
>
> true, but, a) how to get your meter which has DC up to 20 V as your
> closest option to read acurately, b) sorting out the pins on the output
> plug from PSU.

a) I use an Academy PG012 from Maplin*. In the 20V range, at 5V it gives two
decimal places. You're not going to get better accuracy than that even if you
find one with more digits on the display unless you send it off to a
calibration lab. There will also be noise on the power line, and it will
probably be in the millivolt range.

b) The truth is out there. Put "atx pinout" into your favorite search engine.
There seem to be plenty of hits, top of the list was
http://xtronics.com/reference/atx_pinout.htm. Don't stare at the background
for long.

--
Richard Urwin
*It does a lot of nice things, but doesn't measure current.