Dan Gordon wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:24:45 -0500
lanman wrote:

That should work flawlessly, unless you try to force something that
shouldn't be installed. As soon as that's done, run MenuDrake to
refresh your KDE desktop menu listing.

I'm now running KDE 3.2 and it's running perfectly.

Thanks lanman that got me going, everything works well.  I do have two
problems. Kdm is not behaving, no matter what wm i select i end up with
icewm.  If i select default i get kde 3.2.  Does anyone know if there
are some config files i should look at?  kdmrc seems to look the same as
the last time i looked at it. Maybe ive not installed somthing needed?
The other problem I will worry about later.

I had similar misbehaviour with kdm, which would let me boot into KDE as root but not user. Switching to mdkdm solved the problem.

Sir Robin

--
"Telling disgruntled employees that they are always free to leave their jobs seems no different in principle from telling political dissidents that they are free to emigrate."
- Stephen Newman

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi