On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 22:31, Lanman wrote:

> Stephen; If you aren't needing any other forms of communication from
> GMX.Net, consider blocking their IP address in your firewall. I've been
> getting a lot of crap like that and blocking them from the firewall
> seems to do the trick.
>
> For instance, I'm constantly getting people trying (and failing)to
> connect to my network from China, and Amsterdam. A quick check at
> "arin.net" tells me where it's coming from and allows me to block their
>   IP's in my firewall. Afterwards, they're just a distant memory.
>
> It might save you a lot of time.
>
> HTH
>
> Lanman

Er, GMX.NET is one of my longest standing email addresses...and I don't
mind getting their "spam reports" - not that I read them - and I don't
mind getting their weekly Newsletter - not that I read them either...all
I'm saying is that I've got now 7 rbl's setup and they're all free of
charge and my spam just got reduced by about 40%...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com