On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:31:18 -0400
Lanman disseminated the following:

> > stephen kuhn - proprietor
>
> Stephen; If you aren't needing any other forms of communication from
> GMX.Net, consider blocking their IP address in your firewall. I've been
> getting a lot of crap like that and blocking them from the firewall
> seems to do the trick.
>
> For instance, I'm constantly getting people trying (and failing)to
> connect to my network from China, and Amsterdam. A quick check at
> "arin.net" tells me where it's coming from and allows me to block their
>   IP's in my firewall. Afterwards, they're just a distant memory.

You forget to mention the advantages:

You never have to actually 'download' the spam, and it takes some of the load
off of procmail, etc.

Plus, doesn't the spammer get a 'bounce'?

Man, I wish I could run my own mailserver... :-(

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
08:48:59 up 14 days, 19:11, 6 users, load average: 0.10, 0.13, 0.05