On Thursday 17 June 2004 03:07 pm, JoeHill wrote:

> Not that I don't know how, but because I'm on a dynamic IP which belongs to
> a block of 'consumer' addresses, I end up on DNSRBL's within minutes.
>
> I guess I pretty much already am running a mailserver (fetchmail, postfix,
> procmail), but I still have to use my ISP's SMTP server, so I just don't
> consider it really having my own mailserver unless I can reliably *send*
> mail from my own machine.

Joe, I really don't think that the dynamic IP matters all that much really.  I
ran a Postfix server off of a dynamic IP for quite a little bit before
switching over to static.  Most mail servers don't block at that level.  Now,
they do block on reverse DNS with failure to obtain an MX record for the
claimed domain.  Once I had a domain name with a DNS that had an MX record, I
had very few problems originating mail.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer