On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:03:21 +1000
Stephen Kuhn disseminated the following:

> > Man, I wish I could run my own mailserver... :-(
>
> What's so frigging hard about running a mail server, JH? Should I come
> over there and bitch slap you? I CAN'T believe you just said that
> mate...c'mon...wasso hard about setting up fetchmail and a postmortem,
> er, sorry, postfix or sendmail or qmail system?

Not that I don't know how, but because I'm on a dynamic IP which belongs to a
block of 'consumer' addresses, I end up on DNSRBL's within minutes.

I guess I pretty much already am running a mailserver (fetchmail, postfix,
procmail), but I still have to use my ISP's SMTP server, so I just don't
consider it really having my own mailserver unless I can reliably *send* mail
from my own machine.

Someday tho'.

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
15:02:55 up 15 days, 1:25, 7 users, load average: 0.08, 0.63, 1.08