On Friday 25 February 2005 08:28, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 12:37, SOTL wrote:
<snip>
> OK, So I imagine you are getting your IP addresses from your company DHCP
> server. If you look at the connection info in Mandrake Control Centre you
> should be able to see your IP addresses.
>
> SNIP

I can not check this at this time as the 9.2 box has a monitor issue which is
simple but a pain in the ass.

> To install ssh use the MandrakeControlCentre>Software>Install GUI and
> install the packages openssh and openssh-clients
> It will start running automatically. (You can confirm it is running in
> MCC>System>Services)

For SSH I have the following installed:
kdeutils-kdessh-3.2.3-28mdk
openssh-3.9p1-3mdk
openssh-askpass-3.9p1.3mdk
openssh-clients-3.9p1.2mdk
openssh-server-3.4p1.3mdk
scanssh-2.0.3mdk
sshd-monitor-0.2.2mdk

I have not verified operation yet.
That I will have to do later.

> You can use fish with either
> fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/path/to/directory  or
> fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/path/to/directory

I can NOT find kio_fish when I check for installed package or for packages
that I have NOT installed yet. I am thus assuming that this package was not
included with Mandrake 10.1 or that I am not searching for the correct
package.

Before I download a tar file from KDE and attempt to install please verify
that kio_fish is not hiding is some package by another name. Also how do I
verify that I do or do not have the package running. Above check was made by
install and uninstall packages in software management.

Thanks

Frank