On Tuesday 03 July 2001 08:57 pm, Judith Miner wrote:

> How can I get those ports closed? Clear directions much appreciated!
> If you tell me exactly where to look and what to edit, I can do it,
> but I can't figure it out on my own.

     In DrakConf, click on Security, then on Firewalling. You'll be
asked a few simple easy questions.  Most often the default answer is
appropriate and already selected.  When you're done it will configure
8.0's iptables and start your firewall for you.  Then go to
http://www.sdesign.com:8080/cgi-bin/fwtest.cgi   for either a Basic or
Complete scan.

--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay