On Saturday 07 July 2001 11:55 am, Judith Miner wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> >> In DrakConf, click on Security, then on Firewalling. You'll be
> >> asked> a few simple easy questions.  Most often the default answer
is> appropriate and already selected.  When you're done it will
configure> 8.0's iptables and start your firewall for you.  <<

> I've tried that--MANY times. When I click on Configure in
> Firewalling, it shows a small window titled "tinyfirewall" and says
> something about "checking installed components." The small window
> disappears and I'm left with the same Configure screen.

    You either have an incomplete installation, or you don't have the
necessary services running (eg, iptables, check DrakConf).  Also go
thru the docs in
file:/usr/share/doc/mandrake/en/user.html/bastille.html   and you'll
see screenshots of what you should be seeing.

> It disturbs me that BastilleChooser on medium security

   medium security has little or nothing to do with being able to get
thru a thoro port scan with all ports invisible/filtered.
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay