Jeferson Lopes Zacco wrote:

> [...]

I have been following Judith Miner's email posts since 1996 through the
her Wordstar postings on another news group. It appears that she is not
new to the Microsoft Windows OS. This goes back as far as Windows 3.11
and DOS.
I don't know if she is really who she says she is... but she has been
pi**ssing off at lot of people over the years. She is well known through
other newsgroups. My comments are not because I think I'm better than
she is nor am I a Linux elitist or guru.
However, almost every post on our news group is a lecture on how Linux
has not been geared to the normal person who doesn't understand command
lines. Well, I say, rather than being spoon fed - as you did with
Windows, try the GUI. If you do not understand the command lines, read a
good book on Linux(remember books?). If there's something you don't like
in the Linux OS, change it.

I read that you have a lot experience with the Windows OS. Are you
telling us that you learned this all without reading a single
Windows or DOS book? This is BS.
On one hand, you show a lot of knowledge about TCP/IP but turn around
and talk through both sides of your mouth about no knowledge on fire
walling etc. etc. etc. Poor me, I am a normal Windows user wanting to be
a normal Linux User.

Rather than spending time typing up many emails, why don't you provide a
"wish list" to Mandrakesoft for them to review. Or, try another flavor
of Linux such as Caldera? I'm sure a lot of your ideas are already in
the works, and will be addressed in their future releases.

Rather than checking a web page that doesn't necessarily have all of the
answers, start reading a book about Linux. I am just a normal user of
Linux, who happens to have Windows NT4 installed on another partition
for other softwares that will NOT run on Linux.

Either way, we encourage any one's constructive input.

Roman
Registered Linux User #179293
"su is not the root of your problem
    but the start of a new journey"