Thanks for your suggestions, Dennis.

>> Judy, a much better way to do this is to bring up a su console and at
the prompt do " cd /usr/sbin then at the prompt type in "
InteractiveBastille"  without the quotes and with the caps as shown. A
setup gui will start with some pretty good explanation of what is being
done and why. <<

I've tried that (tried it again a few minutes ago, in fact) and I CANNOT
comprehend the questions and the explanations. I can't answer if I don't
understand what Bastille proposes. I don't know what they are talking
about, most of the time. I do not have any files explaining Bastille on
my computer. The Security and Firewall sections of DrakConf do nothing.
Something seems to be amiss, but I can't discover what it is or what to
do about it.

InteractiveBastille is *not* a tool for the nontechnical person. I'm
lost at the first screen! It tells me something about a script for
firewalling and hints I'll have to install it myself. Ha! What? Where?
How? I've read the text file that is what appears on screen and it gets
worse and worse as it goes on. I could go into a little more detail than
BastilleChooser does, but InteractiveBastille is a lost cause.
 --Judy Miner