On Tuesday 11 September 2001 11:55 pm, Franki escribió:
> If it happend in an Earthquake prone country like Japan, it probably
> wouldn't have collapsed the buildings...

   Frank, trust me. I was an construction engineer.  There is NO way a
building that tall, anywhere, by whatever means, could'a survived. The
airliner flights were chosen for their long distance flight plans.
Plenty of jet fuel was the bomb. 10's of thousands of lbs.

   After the interiors of the buildings burned, accelerated by the
fuel, the steel skeleton melted and collapsed. The weigth of the
collapsing floors, was more than those remaining could possibly stand,
then the whole deal comes down.

   The coward assholes knew what they were doin.  I suspect tho,
judging by much lesser building standards in their part of the world,
they probly died thinking they'd cause even worse disaster.
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay