On Wednesday 12 September 2001 15:38, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:48:57 -0400, "Jose M. Sanchez"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sridhar, my friend,

Please please please don't expect rational argument or openness to different
POV from people in shock.

You do have some very valid, solid, points.  And they have changed not one
iota from the time of the Third IndoChina War, wherein we learned that to
"American" Oil Companies, on ocean of offshore oil was really worth an ocean
of blood.  I quote American because the ownership is multinational though
they effectuate their will through the American government.  The appearance
has changed, since it is no longer in vogue to keep the world safe from
communism, but the driving forces are more determinist than leader-based.

I am annoyed by greed in all its manifestations, as you appear to be, whether
it is the predatory tactics of a very rich corporation, or the actions of a
government that purports to be the scion of democracy and freedom.  I am
annoyed that technological advances are suppressed in the name of profit, and
I know your point of view well.  I think mine may well enclose yours, though
it is more philosophical than governmental.

It is often useful to believe that each point of view has an element of the
truth, and to play a mental game to combine them so that they are reconciled,
no matter how improbable the outcome.  Often this is closer to the truth, as
was taught in the old legend of three blind men examining an elephant.

Anyway, don't expect much respoonse on the newbie list to your point of view.
 People in shock tend to stand and defend their positions.

Best Wishes,

Civileme