On Thursday 17 January 2002 05:30, you wrote:
> Hi again -
>
> I've got another question - I'm trying to set up my dialup connection using
> kppp and it gets stuck on "initializing modem..."
>
> Also when i query the modem it seems to make contact but the query results
> window is completely empty.
>
> It's an internal laptop modem.
>
> Does this all mean that I've got a Winmodem that's not going to work with
> Linux?
>
> Thanks to the people who have helped me with my Linux teething problems so
> far.
>
> - Nick

Sorry for not offering more specific information, but you may well have a
winmodem.  Do not lose hope, however, great progress is being made in making
them work under Linux.  Do a search, starting with the modem manufacturer's
site, and you might find drivers for Linux.
Registered Linux user #225209