On Friday 18 January 2002 01:27 pm, you wrote:
> Alsa is probably going to use whatever IRQ the card thinks it has.  I don't
> know that for sure, but I'm pretty sure you'll still have the same problem.
> Are you able to change the IRQ for your printer port through CMOS?  That
> might work or if you have a PNP OS setting in your CMOS, you might try
> telling it the oposite of what it's currently at.

Dear Joe, I do not think using Alsa will make the difference either. I
changed the PNP stuff but nothing made a difference so far.I believe that I
can change the IRQ for the printer through CMOS however according to all the
files IRQ 7 has been used only by my printer so I am wondering if it is a dma
conflict instead as you suggested? How would I check the DMA situation and
how would I change it? From what I can tell there does not seem to be a DMA
conflict either but I probably would not know how to tell if there was.
Thanks very much for your help and suggestions.

By the way, do you know how I would put my printer into /etc/modules so that
it could load?  I know that the devfs is different and I am not sure how to
correctly edit the /etc/modules file for everything.

Sincerely,

Marcia