Alsa is probably going to use whatever IRQ the card thinks it has.  I don't
know that for sure, but I'm pretty sure you'll still have the same problem.
Are you able to change the IRQ for your printer port through CMOS?  That
might work or if you have a PNP OS setting in your CMOS, you might try
telling it the oposite of what it's currently at.

Another problem may be that it's not a shared IRQ but a shared DMA channel.
Something else to try would be to open up the sound server configuration
applet (Kmenu->Configuration->KDE->Sound->SoundServer).  On the sound IO tab,
see if full duplex is enabled and if it is, disable it.  My soundblaster
wouldn't work consistently with it enabled.  And just incase Alsa or
autodetect is the sound system on that tab, try manually changing it to OSS.

Is the soundcard a stock Soundblaster or is it a soundblaster compatible?

Joe