On Tuesday 12 March 2002 01:00, john rigby opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

yes, in 8.0 i had to change a single thing, i messed with fonts, in 8.1 i
simply installed.  everything a ok.

naturally that wasn't good enough, as i have several programs i added after
that cause i prefer them.  one of them is how i prefer to access network
shares (komba2) so i have no idea how well those are handled, but
everything worked fine.

athelon 750
513 ram
WDC hdd
Quantum hdd
USB san disk reader
sanyo CD
3com 3c905
trackman wheel rollerball USB
i forget the sound card

> Is there anyone out there who has simply put in the full distro CDs and

haven't any clue on via voice, what is it?

> ViaVoice, replacement for FrontPage98) and a few user utilities?

> Anyone got WINE to run anything? FrontPage?

my brotherinlaw, and 4 friends have had similar experiences, all perfect.
in fact only 2 of the six of us had to adjust anything in 8.0

part of the secret (IMHO) is the expert install.  it simply does more for
you.

--
Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft®, recently referred to Linux as a cancer.
Unsuprisingly, this is incorrect - Linux was released on August 25th, 1991,

shane
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
http://dmoz.org/ cause humans do it better!