Hi Lee,
Thanks for your info, but you are a Power-User by the sound of the box
specs! :-)
I'm trying to determine if Linux - especially Mandrake is "true" to the old
idea of not needing a monster box to run.
I know of Linux Servers that are running on Steam-powered old things and
just don't fall over.
The sad thing is that I don't know anyone not at least a p/time geek who has
made it all go without enough research and effort for a PhD.

And of course, you mentioned 8.2 - which isn't even "there" for us chickens.
Altho I noticed it got a couple of accolades on fixing earlier problems in
reviews.