---------------------------------
[33] Never forgotten
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 20, 2001 by bar-knee:
Gary Pallister:

"My first reaction is that I'm absolutely devastated for his wife and his  family. It
is really heart-breaking. Les was a character, always bouncing  around the dressing
room. He was a typical chirpy Cockney who always enjoyed himself. A loud,  brash,
in-your-face 'keeper with the sort of temperament you need. I don't think even Les
could have expected the success he had with  United when he arrived. Les was a brave
bloke. I can recall him having six stitches in his  leg but he played on in the
European Cup Winners' Cup Final against  Barcelona. And in the League Cup final
against Sheffield Wednesday he had a
badly gashed knee. The cut was deep but he had to be virtually  dragged off at
Wembley.''

Steve Bruce said: "It's unbelievable news. I'm in a state of deep shock. My thoughts
go to his family."

Andy Walsh said: "Les was a tremendous character. Even though his spell at Old
Trafford was relatively short, he was held in great regard by fans and will always be
considered as one of us."

---------------------------------
[32] Last call for Newcastle(A)
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 20, 2001 by redend:
Newcastle away applications are due in tomorrow - 5pm on Tuesday 21st August.

Newcastle United v Manchester United
St James Park, Saturday 15 September, kick off 3pm

We will receive an allocation of approximately 3,000 tickets priced £26 adults, £22
over 65s and £13 under 16s. Postal applications only are now being accepted from
Season Ticket Holders, on production of voucher 23 (from this seasons book, duly
completed), sae and the following 8 match vouchers properly affixed to last seasons
official voucher sheet (2000/2001): 31 (RSC Anderlecht) 32 (PSV Eindhoven) 33 (Dynamo
Kiev) 34 (Panathinaikos) 35 (Valencia) 36 (Sturm Graz) 37 (West Ham United) 38 (Bayern
Munich).

Private Box/Exec Suite and Club Class Members can also apply in the usual manner
quoting their facilities held.

All applications need to be received in the Ticket Office no later than 5pm on Tuesday
21st August. Please note, in the event of being oversubscribed a postal ballot will be
held to determine successful applicants.