---------------------------------
[24] Reasoning behind Robin Reliant
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Leeds United players who fail to impress in practice will be forced to drive a yellow
Reliant Robin for a week. Jonathan Woodgate, the first player to drive the van, parked
it in chairman Peter Ridsdale's space at Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground.'

(don't think it would get very far as a getaway car though...)

---------------------------------
[23] United have to fork out
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the official site

'Manchester United have been ordered by the Football League Appeals Committee to pay
£200,000 compensation to Wolves for youngster Kris Taylor. The defender joined United
as 14-year-old in 1998, and the First Division outfit demanded payment.'

---------------------------------
[22] Newcastle finally win something
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Premiership games at Newcastle United saw the highest number of arrests last season.
There were 191 arrests for football-related offences made at St James's Park.

North East rivals Sunderland saw 166 arrests followed by Manchester United (150),
Manchester City (148) and Leeds United (119). The lowest figures in the Premiership
were Southampton (15), Ipswich Town (18) and Derby County (28). The number of arrests
for football related offences went up 8.1% last year, according to figures by the
National Criminal Intelligence Service.

Arrests for domestic league games in England and Wales was 3,391 in the 2000-01
season, compared to 3,138 in 1999-2000, NCIS said. There were also more than 750
arrests in domestic and European club competitions and England and Wales international
matches. There were 1,623 arrests at Premiership games, 816 in Division One, 601 in
Division Two and 351 in Division Three.

In other competitions, there were 301 arrests at FA Cup games, 160 for the Worthington
Cup, 128 at internationals, 101 at play-off games and 75 at European games. Of the
4,162 arrests relating to all games last year, 1,186 were drink-related, 655 for
disorderly behaviour, 420 for threatening behaviour, 165 for affray, 85 for violent
disorder, 292 for running on the pitch, 82 for racial or indecent chanting and 107 for
throwing missiles.'

---------------------------------
[21] IMUSA meeting tomorrow
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
This is a reminder that the first IMUSA committee meeting of the new season  is
tomorrow, Thursday 16th August at 8pm, at O'Brien's in Stretford - on  the main
Chester Rd, next to the Arndale.

All IMUSA members are welcome and if you're not already a member, you can  join on the
night.

---------------------------------
[20] More from Merson
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I've been going to Old Trafford for years and getting on the team coach at the end of
the match and thinking we'd played well — but lost. When you look at them now you have
to say that the League title will be between them and Arsenal. But you want to play
against the best and you want to prove yourself against the best and that's why I'm
looking forward to playing them. We play them in our first home league game of the
season and that's the right time to be meeting the top team. It's better to get the
top teams out of the way early on and play the strugglers around Christmas when their
heads have dropped. We've bought some very good players and then United go out and buy
Van Nistelrooy, one of the top five strikers in the world, and Juan Sebastian Veron,
one of the top five midfielders in the world. The bigger teams like United are just
smashing everybody else's empire

The thing about United is that they let you play and then they still beat you. But if
you play with two lines of four players and get a set-piece then maybe you can beat
them. I think the top place will be a straight fight between United and Arsenal and
I'm not saying that because Arsenal are my old team.

Because United give other teams a chance to play then they can come up against the
likes of Bayern Munich or Real Madrid and get caught out. I don't think the team is
far off but maybe it's not quite there in Europe."

---------------------------------
[19] Paul Merson scared of United
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I think United will score seven goals against Premiership sides at least three times
this season.  They have got the goal power and they have got the ability to embarrass
teams. If you are slightly off your game then it could be frightening.They look so
strong and they have five quality centre forwards. I really think that Van Nistelrooy
will score in every game he plays because he’s different class. I watched them in the
Charity Shield on Sunday and it was frightening. Liverpool are a quality defensive
team and United still kept making so many chances.

Teams like United must make about 25 chances in a game — and in three of those games
at least this season they are going to hit the target with a third of them. I saw what
they did to Liverpool and that makes me think they're going to punish a few teams this
season."

---------------------------------
[18] Utd's Dutch players to get good run out
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Van Gaal: "I understand that some English players have asked Eriksson not to play the
full game but none of my players have said the same to me. No request has reached me
from Sir Alex and that means I can determine how long Stam and Van Nistelrooy will
play. And it could well be for the full 90 minutes."

---------------------------------
[17] Cole aims to shine tonight
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I hope to be able to show the manager by my performance for England that I should be
in the starting line-up for Sunday's first league game against Fulham. I want to play
in every competitive match, as I have already said, which I am sure is the case for
all of the United players.  I cannot afford to be sitting on the bench with a World
Cup  coming round. As I have always said, to be automatic choice for the national
team, you have to be playing well for your club. In a World Cup year, that's doubly
important.

 I have shown already in the Champions League I can score at the highest level. Now I
want to show I can do it for England. Sven Goran Eriksson has shown faith in me and I
aim to repay it.

People were constantly going on about me not scoring for England. People were trying
to portray me as a completely different player to the one I was. But you do not go
through a career scoring as many goals as I have and then become a bad striker at
international level.  I just needed a chance, I have never really had a decent run in
the team. I knew it would just be a matter of time before things came good at
international level. The goal against Albania was a big one but I'm determined to
score plenty more. This is my last chance to go to a World Cup and I want to make sure
England get there and I want to be with them.

It is going to be a massive match in Munich and I want to be involved. I believe we
can go there and get the result we need."

---------------------------------
[16] Newcastle away ticket details
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Newcastle United v Manchester United
St James Park, Saturday 15 September, kick off 3pm

We will receive an allocation of approximately 3,000 tickets priced £26  adults, £22
over 65s and £13 under 16s. Postal applications only are now  being accepted from
Season Ticket Holders, on production of voucher 23  (from this seasons book, duly
completed), sae and the following 8 match  vouchers properly affixed to last seasons
official voucher sheet  (2000/2001): 31 (RSC Anderlecht) 32 (PSV Eindhoven) 33 (Dynamo
Kiev) 34  (Panathinaikos) 35 (Valencia) 36 (Sturm Graz) 37 (West Ham United) 38
(Bayern Munich).

Private Box/Exec Suite and Club Class Members can also apply in the usual  manner
quoting their facilities held.

All applications need to be received in the Ticket Office no later than 5pm  on
Tuesday 21st August. Please note, in the event of being oversubscribed a  postal
ballot will be held to determine successful applicants.

---------------------------------
[15] Silvestre on Far East
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Tthe popularity of Manchester in Asia is unbelievable. People were
hysterical when they saw us. Everytime one of us tried to go out,
everybody knew it 5 minutes later. Bigger than Madonna or Michael
Jackson , unbelievable! Everybody had his own bodyguard, especially
in Thailand. And Becks! He just couldn't move. To tell the truth it
was more business than anything else."

---------------------------------
[14] Giggs to see brother
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Why, wouldn't he?

>From the Mirror

'SOCCER star Ryan Giggs is preparing himself for a trip to jail next week to visit his
disgraced younger brother Rhodri. The Manchester United ace has received a visiting
order from the 24-year-old - behind bars for a nightclub attack. He told friends he is
expecting a barracking at Manchester's Strangeways prison. But he added: "Blood is
thicker than water. I have to see Rhodri to give him support."

His brother got nine months on August 3 for bottling a man. Ryan, 27, was stunned at
the jail term and told pals he thought he would have got a suspended sentence.

Last night a family friend said: "Ryan and his mum Lynne are distraught Rhodri is in
jail. But he said he will see him next week."

The friend revealed Ryan told him: "He is still my brother despite what he did. And if
he needs some support I'll give it to him."

Ryan recently said: "I have tried my best to keep him on the straight and narrow. With
Rhodri it's the drink that gets him into aggro."

---------------------------------
[13] Chelsea had chance to sign Ruud before us
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Chelsea managing director Colin Hutchinson:

"We looked at van Nistelrooy before he had his knee injury. With the permission of
PSV, we could have talked to him. But at that stage, Luca didn't want to pursue it."

---------------------------------
[12] This has really got us quaking in our boots!
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the Mirror

'LEEDS players are determined not to become the plonkers of the Premiership, despite
the arrival of Trottermobile at Elland Road. Manager David O'Leary is hoping the
bright yellow Del Boy machine will leave the rest of his rivals looking fools,
allowing his United horses to race to the title.

The whole of O'Leary's squad have clubbed together to buy a 20-year-old Robin Reliant,
complete with red furry dice, as the latest act of team-bonding designed to topple
Manchester United this season.'

---------------------------------
[11] I love Arsenal - but I'd leave them?
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Vieira in confusing talk:

"I love Arsenal. I really love the club. They've brought me a lot and if I ever leave
them it will be with my head high and a mutual agreement by both sides.

I seriously considered leaving Arsenal. It was in the spring, and it was more than
just rumours. Big clubs were coming and talking to my agent. I talked it over with
Arsenal. I did not go because I'm convinced that the club and I can reach new heights
together. The main priority is still the Championship but winning the Champions League
would be proof we are a great side."

(dream on)

"Mr Wenger knows full well that I would never criticise him, let alone my team-mates."

---------------------------------
[10] Becks nearly boshed Davids
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Which baks up our theory as to why talk about us signing Davids was just idle paper
talk - Fergie didn't want him

>From the Mirror

'DAVID BECKHAM almost came to blows with Edgar Davids after Manchester United beat
Juventus to reach the Champions League final.Only the intervention of Beckham's
team-mates stopped an ugly brawl in the tunnel and more controversy for England's most
high-profile player.

The Italians lost their heads after blowing a 2-0 lead in the second leg of the
semi-final, with United staging a victorious comeback. It all proved too much for
midfielder Davids, nicknamed The Pitbull because of his stocky build and volatile
temperature.

The Dutch international, who had battled with Beckham throughout the match, picked him
out at the final whistle and chased him across the pitch down into the players'
tunnel.

The United players realised immediately what was happening and Stam was one of the
first to charge down the tunnel and haul Davids away from Beckham. The Juventus
players totally lost it once they realised the Champions League was a distant dream
once again.

Stam said: "You could see the little kicks off the ball, the sly shirt-pulling and
skin-pinching. One of the worst offenders was my international colleague Davids. Just
like the rest of the Juventus players, he has been pretty vocal in telling me exactly
what he thought as the game petered out. We were even subjected to a snub at the final
whistle because several of our opponents refused to shake hands or swap shirts. But
the worst was to come away from the eyes of the cameras, when Davids chased Beckham
all the way down into the tunnel.  Davids got right into Beckham's face before firing
an angry volley of abuse at him. Becks just kept his head and pushed him away as other
United players jumped in to calm the situation down."

The incident, in the Stadio Delle Alpi, happened less than a year after Beckham's
sending-off for England against Argentina in France '98.  It would have been easy for
Beckham to lose his cool in the face of fierce provocation from Davids, but Stam
praised the way his United team-mate refused to rise to the bait.

"I guess the whole situation took Becks by surprise because he didn't react," said
Stam. "I think that was the start of his new-found maturity which developed over that
season. It seemed like the whole nation was on his back after he was sent off for
kicking out at Diego Simeone in the World Cup. As if being sent off and having to
watch your country lose on penalties wasn't enough, he took some disgraceful abuse
from the stands. But, like the incident with Davids, Becks just ignored it. It
couldn't have been easy and there were times when I felt for the guy. But he has been
a model of restraint ever since and he has been rewarded with the England captaincy,
which he fully deserves."

---------------------------------
[9] Stam on Schmeichel
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the Mirror

'JAAP STAM has told how the former Manchester United star Peter Schmeichel was a
"terrific goalie but could be a pain in the arse" and how the pair almost had a fight
during a Premiership clash.

United's players watched in stunned disbelief as the two giants squared up to each
other in a heated exchange.

In a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Old Trafford in December 1998, Stam finally lost
patience with Schmeichel's constant rantings and flew into an uncontrollable rage.

"One day it got too much for me and, in front of a packed Stretford End, I completely
lost my cool," said Stam.

"I can't even remember what he was moaning about, but I bit on it and he ended up on
the receiving end for once. It just came out: What the f*** are you talking about? I
said as we went toe to toe in front of our stunned team-mates. You've got to get rid
of the f****** ball properly, that header was piss poor, he yelled back.

What do you mean? I shouted back. I cleared the problem didn't I? Get back in goal and
shut your mouth, you idiot. 'Don't tell me to shut up,' raged Schmeichel. 'Just f***
off.' After that incident I turned to find the  ball, which signalled the end of our
row. At the final whistle we made up  and the incident was never mentioned again.

The shocked full house at Old Trafford might have gone silent in amazement and
wondered why we'd fallen out, I didn't mind a bit."

While Stam regards Schmeichel as the best keeper he has played with, the pair had
frequent run-ins on the field. Schmeichel left United after winning the Treble in 1999
to join Sporting Lisbon. Stam was gutted to see him go but joked: "At least I knew I
could play without a weekly rollocking."

The Dutch strongman added: "Peter was a terrific goalie, but at times he could be a
real pain in the arse. I lost count of the number of times I turned around to yell
back: 'Shut up!' Before I signed for United I knew all about his explosive temper. It
wasn't too long before he was shouting at me. Most of the time I was wondering what
the hell he was talking about. If one of my headers dropped short, he was on my back
about it. If I gave someone too much time on the ball, there he was again, staring
daggers in the back of my head."

Although Stam and Schmeichel often came into conflict during the year they played
together at United, their differences were forgotten the moment they left the pitch.

Stam said: "I think the run-ins probably had a positive effect on both of us. We were
so desperate to prove each other wrong and tried even harder to improve our
performances. Conflict on the pitch between team-mates is always portrayed as a
negative thing. But I think it shows just how committed you are and how determined
certain players are to win at all costs."

While Schmeichel was undoubtedly the best keeper Stam has played under, the signing of
Italian Massimo Taibi caused a stir.

Stam said: "When he signed for us I must admit to being surprised. None of us had
heard of him and there were problems from the start. He could hardly speak any
English, so he had to try communicating with hand signals, which didn't work in the
high pressure and speed of a Premiership game. His lack of conversation certainly
played a part in his early exit. He couldn't command his area like Schmeichel and the
end came after a shocking mistake against Southampton.  Matt Le Tissier hit a weak
shot from 25 yards which was trundling towards the goal so slowly that I had already
turned my back to walk upfield.

I was waiting for the ball to sail over my head from his goal-kick, when I heard a
groan. I looked round to see the ball trickling over the line. The ball had skidded
from Taibi's grip and went between his legs. To make matters worse, he claimed his
studs were too long and had got caught in the turf.  That was the end for him. There
was no way back."

---------------------------------
[8] More from Stam book
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the Mirror

'JAAP STAM was very upset with David Pleat for rubbishing his football talent and
branding him "Bambi on Skates". During his analysis of the World Cup, Pleat tore into
Stam, even though the United defender helped Holland to a semi-final place.

The attack infuriated Stam, who said: "I'm sorry if you didn't think too much about me
Mr Pleat, but to be honest I didn't even know who you were until someone showed me
your comments.

"Even now I wouldn't be able to point you out if you were stood in an empty room,
admiring my Treble-winning medals. I guess Pleat was judging me on just one game,
which you can't do. Would he have bought a player after seeing him just once? I don't
think so."

Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen also gets both barrels from Stam, who claims the
Manchester United players will not take any criticism to heart from the former
Liverpool defender.

Stam said: "Hansen has made a living out of moaning about poor defending. But his
opinions don't hold much sway in the United dressing room. The game has moved on so
much from when he was playing. I doubt whether he'd enjoy the same reputation as a
superstar now. Hansen was superb in his day. But everything is quicker in a modern
game. You don't have time to think any more. Obviously Hansen enjoys what he is doing,
but when I have retired I'd never slaughter another player. It's too easy and cheap to
do that."

---------------------------------
[7] You couldn't make it up
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Or could you. The Mirror reports that David Ginola, with the help of Cherie Blair's
legal team, is so upset with his 'fat tag' from Villa boss John Gregory last season
that he plans to sue for victimisation.

---------------------------------
[6] Stam - Owen, nothing special
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
More from his book (which you can order at 30% discounted price offer by clicking on
the link to your right -
(link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007117086/rednewsunitesfir/202-7794584-8238213)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007117086/rednewsunitesfir/202-7794584-8238213

"In this country everyone believes that the Boy Wonder can do no wrong. I find the
hype surrounding him a little over the top He was hailed as world class when he broke
on to the scene with that amazing goal against Argentina in the World Cup. There's no
doubt he's a fantastic striker, who has great strength in his ability to run at
defences with that pace. But opponents such as England's Euro 2000 rivals have learned
to combat that by dropping off him, ensuring there isn't the space behind them for him
to attack. Without that option, he loses much of his potency. He's not such a big
threat when people play balls into the channels for him to latch on to.

I am not saying he is a bad player, but his first touch isn't the greatest. As a
defender, you will know a player's particular weakness, and with Owen you try to get
him on his left side. If you do that, you feel there's time to get in a tackle or
block before he has total control of the ball and is ready to set himself up for a
shot."

---------------------------------
[5] city's new ground?
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Thanks to Steve and Nicola

(link:http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=&s=sa&c=93257908&tm=997707440&id=2024204&f=0&p=10&t=rla&snf=bs&cu=&so=0)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=&s=sa&c=93257908&tm=997707440&id=2024204&f=0&p=10&t=rla&snf=bs&cu=&so=0

---------------------------------
[4] Catch United players in action tonight
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Eire-Croatia (Keane and O'Shea) live on Sky Sports 1
England-Holland (you lose count!) on Sky Sports 2

---------------------------------
[3] Chadwick stars for under-21s
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
As England under-21s beat Holland 4-0. Chadwick played well out wide, as did Greening
it has to be said on the other side. Chadwick was subbed - David Dunn a doubt for our
game against Blackburn in a week as he hobbled off at the end of the first half.

---------------------------------
[2] One of your last chances to join our Fantasy Football league
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
For those of you interested in joining the Football Fantasy League for this coming
season, a Red News League is now available at www.cyki.com.

And free too! Once you have entered your team, simply click on My Leagues and in the
Join box, type the following (might be easier to cut and paste).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[1] NEW RED NEWS OUT ON SUNDAY + FERGIE SPECIAL
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2001 by bar-knee:
Issue 79 will be out on Sunday, sold before the Fulham game outside Old Trafford. It
contains the funniest Liverpool team photo you will ever see (along the lines of the
Arse 12 month calandar doing the rounds at the moment), Eric beach tourny review,
gossip and a look at the recent Celtic friendly from unbiased eyes. A must have this
issue will cost just £1.50.

You can reserve issue 79 by sending a cheque for £2 inc p&p to Red News, P.O.Box 176,
Manchester M16 8LG.

You may also be aware that we have produced a very special - and limited - Fergie
special, a commemoration for the start of his last season in charge, containing many
unique memories and stories. We will be selling this Fergie special at the Fulham
game, but to be sure of your copy (stocks are low) you can send a cheque for £2.50 to
cover postage and packing to the above. We do however plan a re-print of this special
if you can't get to the Fulham game. Sportspages (Manchester & London) also have
copies.

---------------------------------
[36] Red News Forum -Bookmark
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by redend:

Just a correction to the earlier (now corrected) direct address given for the Red News
forum:

(link:http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/) http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/

When viewing messages - if you click "view all" it displays the message and all
replies to that message in one page so you just need to scroll down.

---------------------------------
[35] Jaap Stam book - order through Red News online
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by bar-knee:
30% off and sent as soon as published.

(link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007117086/rednewsunitesfir)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007117086/rednewsunitesfir

---------------------------------
[34] Best on the move
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Northern Ireland's cold climate is being blamed for George Best's decision to put his
home there on the market. The former Manchester United soccer star is considering
moving because he needs the sun on his back, his agent Phil Hughes said. Best moved to
the fishing village of Portavogie, County Down, eight months ago to escape life in
London. But the cold weather beside the Irish Sea is putting a strain on his already
frail health.

Best and his wife Alex have not decided yet if they will leave Ireland altogether or
find a home inland. "It's his health. He finds it too cold and needs somewhere a bit
warmer. He needs the sun on his back, that's the only reason," Mr Hughes said.

"Alex and him love living there, but the weather isn't good for his health. It's cold
and wet, too damp." Best, a native of Belfast, has a flat in London. Agents are
reported to have been instructed to put the house in Portavogie, which has three
reception rooms and four bedrooms, on the market for £395,000.'

---------------------------------
[33] Cole in for England
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by bar-knee:
Sven on Cole and Fowler:

"Because they did not play over the weekend they are much fresher. It is likely I will
play them for more than 45 minutes. These friendly games are very useful because we
can practice - we get to know what to do when we attack and defend. Most of the
players will only play for 45 minutes. I do not have a first team or a second team in
mind this time. More or less all of them will figure at some stage."

---------------------------------
[32] Red News forum - feel free to spout off yourself
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by bar-knee:
Remember there is a Forum on this web site for United fans to voice their opinions on
any subject matter they wish. We want it to become a definitive forum for Red News
readers to speak to each other through - and for a clued up set of opinions.
Click on Red Talk on the site and follow it through or bookmark it direct at

(link:http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/) http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/

---------------------------------
[31] Stam on Charity Shield
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by bar-knee:
"Sunday's Charity Shield defeat against Liverpool was very disappointing and the mood
in the dressing room after the game was pretty sombre,but there is no way we can
accept defeat against our old rivals lightly.

One of the positives to come out of Sunday's game, however, was the performance of
Ruud van Nistelrooy. Obviously his goal proved what he is capable of given a chance
but, for me, it was his overall contribution that really shone through. He was
completely tireless around the pitch all afternoon and the amount of work he got
through off the ball was superb."

---------------------------------
[30] Stam hits back
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by bar-knee:
"My name was in the papers on Monday for another reason, namely the serialisation of
my autobiography, which is out next week. There were  some sensational headlines in
particular about my move to Old Trafford from PSV and I don't want to say too much
about it all at this stage - I'd rather people bought the book!

However, I would like to say that if you read the article closely, the content does
not correspond with the headlines. Everything between me and Alex Ferguson was fine on
Monday morning in training and our relationship remains good. We haven't fallen out at
all and I'd never criticise his managerial style. Unfortunately, misleading headlines
can often give people the wrong impression of what is really being said."