---------------------------------
[29] Safe Standing Campaign
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2001 by redend:
An important issue for many Reds - and one we strongly support - so we're passing on
this urgent info to you from the ( http://www.safestanding.com ) SAFE STANDING
campaign.

SAFESTANDING CAMPAIGN - less than 2 weeks left.

Dear supporter

We only have a matter of days left before the 2nd reading (Friday November 2nd) of the
Private Member's Bill supporting Safe Standing. If we do not get at least 100  MP's to
be there to support the bill on Friday, 2nd November then the bill will have no chance
of progressing because this is a requirement of the rules of the House.

Therefore you have to act IMMEDIATELY and contact your MP to ask them to attend the
2nd reading of the Private Member's Bill on Friday, 2nd November and also to ask them
to sign EDM 239.

If you don't know your MP's name you can check it online here:
( http://www.whereonearth.com/commons/ ) http://www.whereonearth.com/commons/

This is a suggestion for the line that your letter to your MP might take but please
phrase it in your own words:

Dear XXMP's nameXX

I am writing to you, as my MP, to ask if you would be prepared to represent my support
for the Private Member's Bill (Roger Godsiff MP - Football Spectators Bill) supporting
the relaxation of the "all seater only" policy imposed by Government on football
clubs. This would allow local safety authorities, clubs and supporters to make an
informed decision as to whether they wish to have the option for new technology safe
standing areas to be installed at their own football grounds.

I feel very strongly about this issue and would be happy to provide further details
should that be necessary.

Therefore I would be most grateful if you could let me know as soon as possible:

[1] whether you are prepared to attend and support the 2nd reading of the bill on
Friday 2nd November and

[2] whether you are prepared to sign the Early Day Motion (EDM 239) covering the same
subject.

Many thanks in anticipation of your support.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXX

LETTERS:
You should send your letter to:
YourMP'sName MP
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA

PHONE:
You could try to phone your MP's office via the main switchboard:
020 7219 3000

FAX:
Some MPs can be faxed for free via this service:
( http://www.faxyourmp.com ) http://www.faxyourmp.com

EMAIL:
Some MPs have an email address listed here:
( http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/almsped.htm )
http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/almsped.htm